Everyone can be a Hero! Choking Prevention & Rescue Training Curriculum
- In Stock
EVERYONE CAN BE A HERO!
CHOKING PREVENTION & RESCUE TRAINING CURRICULUM
Everyone Can Be a Hero! Choking Prevention & Rescue Training Curriculum is a flexible and interactive program that teaches students to correctly perform the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver with the aid of the Anti Choking Trainer in various choking rescue scenarios including self-rescue and victim rescue. The 7 day program includes detailed lesson plans, assessment materials, and a printable certificate of course completion.
Goals of the curriculum include:
- Teach students the necessary skills to correctly identify a choking victim.
- Enable students to identify common items in their environment that are known choking hazards.
- Instruct students in emergency medical/ first aid vocabulary used in choking rescue scenarios.
- Train students to safely and effectively demonstrate the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver (Heimlich Maneuver) with the aid of an Anti Choking Trainer on themselves (self-rescue), another student, or a manikin.
- Teach the skills and increase student knowledge of the AHA Choking Rescue Protocol.
- Enhance student cognitive and behavioral competency to instruct others in the Choking Rescue Protocol with the aid of the Anti Choking Trainer.
- Help students develop greater self-confidence so they will not hesitate to save a choking victim-or themselves-if they’re alone and choking.
Each order includes both a 25 page colour manual and a USB flash drive.